[SOLVED] What should I work on now?

Solution
OperaGX browser, discord but not in a call or anything & battlenet app downloading a game to a different drive. *correction, it was actually paused while doing this.
Everything else needs to be off.
Preferably, this benchmark is done right after a full reboot.

USAFRet

Titan
I'm wondering what I should work on now, but also is my storage really as bad as it says? https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/36432321

Do I just sit comfortably where I am for now and game on happily?!
  1. Don't use UBM.
  2. Test your drives with actual testing tools. CrystalDiskMark, for instance.
  3. If the thing is working, ignore the benchmarks and game on.

Reactions: DMAN999 and Lutfij

Lutfij

Titan
If you were asking for suggestions on upgrades, please list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
Chassis:
PSU:

From that link, the PSU isn't mentioned and just from looking at the parts listed, you seem to be fine. In fact people would die to get that RTX3070.

RhysT

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2013
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x
Motherboard: B450-F Gaming
Ram: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX (3200MHZ 4x8GB)
SSD/HDD: Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe PCIe M.2 500GB + Seagate BarraCuda SSD ZA500CM10002 500GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Plextor that doesn't get used. For some reason I HAVE to have this drive plugged in for windows to boot, yet there's not a single file on said drive. The SSD has been formatted over and over, yet still requires to be connected in order for windows to boot. Windows is on the M.2.
GPU: 3070 Gigabyte
Chassis: NZXT 510
PSU: Corsair MX650

Upgrades was more the question, but was curious why UBM was giving me low results on storage.

RhysT

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2013
441GqNV.png
This is for the M.2.

RhysT

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2013
OperaGX browser, discord but not in a call or anything & battlenet app downloading a game to a different drive. *correction, it was actually paused while doing this.

RhysT

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2013
SSD/HDD: Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe PCIe M.2 500GB + Seagate BarraCuda SSD ZA500CM10002 500GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Plextor that doesn't get used. For some reason I HAVE to have this drive plugged in for windows to boot, yet there's not a single file on said drive. The SSD has been formatted over and over, yet still requires to be connected in order for windows to boot. Windows is on the M.2.

Do you have any idea as to why this happens? The booting on SSD plugged in.

USAFRet

Titan
Disk 3 is "Windows", Disk 2 is where the boot partition resides.

When you installed this OS, Disk 2 was also connected. Having more than one physical drive connected during the OS install results in the boot partition (100MB EFI) ending up on the other drive.
Windows does this all on its own.

The way to prevent this is to have only ONE physical drive connected when you do the install.

USAFRet

Titan
So to fix this, I reinstill windows, fresh wipe with only the M.2 plugged in?
That, or there is a commandline sequence that can probably fix that.
I will let @SkyNetRising guide you through those steps.

Or, a fresh install, with only the desired drive connected.

So to fix this, I reinstill windows, fresh wipe with only the M.2 plugged in?
If you want to make your 500GB windows drive bootable, then execute following from elevated command prompt. Regular command prompt will give error on last step.
(if you get any errors, then stop immediately)

diskpart
list disk
select disk 3
list partition
select partition x
(select 465GB partition, x=1 or x=2)​
shrink desired=500
create partition efi
format fs=fat32 quick
assign letter=H
exit
bcdboot C:\windows /s H:

Shutdown, disconnect all the other drives, leave only windows drive and boot into windows.

If successful, then reconnect all drives, boot into windows and delete efi system partition from 120GB drive.
diskpart
list disk
select disk 2
(select 119GB disk)​
list partition
select partition y
(select 100MB efi system partition, y=2 or y=3)​
delete partition override
exit

How to open elevated command prompt:

Last edited: