Question What should the configured max cpu power be at?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2808222
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2808222

I got the I7 7700K, when I click default then it changes the max cpu power to 25 but when I click recommended settings I get 79.
For me it seems like a big difference in numbers so I’m not sure which one to choose/what to set it at.
I’m trying to do some decent overclocking with my cpu voltage at no more than 1.3v, so about 4,7-4,8ghz.
Cooling seems pretty good for the CPU.

View: https://imgur.com/a/BMLhCCT

D

Deleted member 2808222

at EPU it says Energy Saving: 00.5W so I’m not sure if that’s something that’s supposed to be like that when I overclock

D

Deleted member 2808222

Most just remove the power limits altogether....; if you feel that is not safe for your mainboard, just plug in something near 135-150 watts or so...
I use asus z270-a with a corsair rm550x psu but I’ll try setting the cpu max power to like 150W then?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 2808222

Oh actually I can only put it on no more than 91W using this asus program or disable it, so is a better choice to disable it here?

D

Deleted member 2808222

Also, doing an occt test with the cpu working at 100% the cpu power is only at 4.8-4.9W according to both occt and asus ai suite even tho the max cpu power is set to 91W or disable.
From what I’ve seen online the power the i7 7700k cpu consumes at load should be around 70-180W depending on much you set the clock speed.

Any idea why this happens? And does it affect the overall performance?

TRENDING THREADS