Question What should the default WiFi Protocols be ?

Feb 20, 2024
Hi! I’m not knowledgeable about this at all, I apologize. But it should be a simple question for you guys to answer. I have Windows 11. Very foolishly, I messed around with my wifi protocol properties. I think that I have the wrong protocols selected. What are the *default protocol selections? That’s all I need. Thanks.

JohnMGotts

Reputable
Dec 7, 2020
Not knowing what you changed, it might be as simple as removing the wifi adapter in device manager, rebooting and see if it’s resolved.

Feb 20, 2024
First and foremost, when did you create your last Restore Point? If it was created when you last ran Windows Update, and installed those updates, restore your system using that restore point. This the best way to get everything back as it should be. Go to Windows Tools/Control Panel/Recovery. Look for the Restor Point PRIOR to your Protocol change and select it to begin the recovery.
Ubernet

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2024
I did a restore point thing earlier today, I believe that it did not undo the changes that I made. But please be simple as you can. I really still don’t know what I’m doing. So when I click on uninstall device, do I remove the driver too?

Feb 20, 2024
Did the restore point recovery complete successfully? Are you sure you chose a restore point that was dated prior to your protocol change? Restore Point Recovery should have worked, regardless of whatever you changed. It puts your system back to it's exact configuration prior to any changes including drivers, protocols, device defaults and even boot device order. Try a restore point prior to the one you used previously.
Ubernet

Last edited:

JohnMGotts

Reputable
Dec 7, 2020
I did a restore point thing earlier today, I believe that it did not undo the changes that I made. But please be simple as you can. I really still don’t know what I’m doing. So when I click on uninstall device, do I remove the driver too?
No, just remove the device, go up to the top, select action and scan for hardware changes. It will automatically reinstall the device.

TRENDING THREADS