[SOLVED] What single player mode games are the most CPU-demanding?

ManOfArc

Honorable
Jul 8, 2017
The title pretty much says it all. What are some current and recent single-player games would be the most CPU-demanding as opposed to gpu?

mangaman

Honorable
Simulators such as X-Plane 11 and city builders such as Cities Skylines. Both simulators and city builders are very CPU based and generally need at least a quad core or better for smooth game play. Even Microsoft Flight Simulator X needs a quad core CPU for the best experience, and that game came out in 2006.

Angelo191

Prominent
Sep 29, 2019
I can't think of a game that is CPU heavy on SP mode. CPU comes in play mostly when the game requires some sort of logic calculation such as determining complex AI behavior. So the most demanding SP games would be ones that feature a lot of AI in them where the AIs have a lot of different behaviors. I'm not talking about 5-10 AI, a lot more than that.

Whoever said that GTA 5 is CPU heavy : While GTA 5 has a lot of NPCs, they do not require complex calculation since there is only so much interactions they have.

If I were to think of a game, probably Civilization series is going to need a lot of CPU work and this goes up the more ennemies you have in a world.

I can't think of a game that is CPU heavy on SP mode. CPU comes in play mostly when the game requires some sort of logic calculation such as determining complex AI behavior. So the most demanding SP games would be ones that feature a lot of AI in them where the AIs have a lot of different behaviors. I'm not talking about 5-10 AI, a lot more than that.

Whoever said that GTA 5 is CPU heavy : While GTA 5 has a lot of NPCs, they do not require complex calculation since there is only so much interactions they have.

If I were to think of a game, probably Civilization series is going to need a lot of CPU work and this goes up the more ennemies you have in a world.

^^ Even 4x games like Civilization don't come close to the performance loss you experience when you play any Paradox title in the end-game; Stellaris is the most notable one given how badly performance drops on large systems towards the end, to the point where the official boards are in full riot mode over the performance problems.

Angelo191

Prominent
Sep 29, 2019
Yeah, there are those games who just have bad performance due to bad optimization or running on a shitty engine like Arma 3. There are players with an I9-9900K and RTX 2080 Ti who run Arma 3 at 30 FPS on MP. (to be fair some servers are not well scripted which does not help).