[SOLVED] What size air for 980 Ti and on.

Nov 20, 2021
Hi, I want to get a new case (Corsair iCUE 465X) and new cooling (CPU-Artic Liquid Freezer 280 A-RGB). I also want to liquid cool my GPU which is a 980 Ti for now. I'm going to use a NZXT G12 to cool it. But My question is what size AIO should I use for it. Is 120mm enough or should I go for 240mm? Gpu is Windforce G1 gaming 3 Fan.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I'd imagine you can do just about any size you want. It's amazing how much more effective cooling is with 2 fewer layers between the die and cooler.
I recall a much older thread where another G12 user had a 120mm AIO on a 2080Ti. I thought there was no way that would work. They proved me wrong.
There's also my own experience, but I didn't go that small - I tried out both Celsius S36 and Celsius+ S28 on my 1080Ti.

If you want any chance of mounting the radiator to the rear or the top of the chassis, you'll need an Asetek-made AIO that uses angle barbs from the pump head. Mounting the Celsius S36 up top wasn't possible, but the Celsius+ S28 worked because of this.
The 360mm could be front mounted, but I noticed that it wasn't any different from the more commonly seen setups with cpu AIO at the top and gpu below dumping heat in the PC.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I'd imagine you can do just about any size you want. It's amazing how much more effective cooling is with 2 fewer layers between the die and cooler.
I recall a much older thread where another G12 user had a 120mm AIO on a 2080Ti. I thought there was no way that would work. They proved me wrong.
There's also my own experience, but I didn't go that small - I tried out both Celsius S36 and Celsius+ S28 on my 1080Ti.

If you want any chance of mounting the radiator to the rear or the top of the chassis, you'll need an Asetek-made AIO that uses angle barbs from the pump head. Mounting the Celsius S36 up top wasn't possible, but the Celsius+ S28 worked because of this.
The 360mm could be front mounted, but I noticed that it wasn't any different from the more commonly seen setups with cpu AIO at the top and gpu below dumping heat in the PC.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS