Question What size of motherboard will fit into the Lenovo 300S-11ISH?

Lil’bertz

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2014
Im gonna replace the motherboard of the i mention at the title because im planning to buy new partsfor own pc so ill put my old components to the lenovo pc. i suspected that lenovo pc is using an itx motherboard but maybe im wrong and the motherboard im going to replace it is a matx board and i heard that some pc companies use proprietary parts and mounts for their PCs.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
looks to be a mATX board.
the problem you will have with replacement is the power connector, the power supply in the lenovo does not have the standard ATX power 24-pin and cannot power a standard board.
you are looking at a chassis, PSU and motherboard swap to change the motherboard.
s-l1000.jpg

you can see the PSU connector has 10 pins and 2x4-pin blocks

Lil’bertz

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2014
looks to be a mATX board.
the problem you will have with replacement is the power connector, the power supply in the lenovo does not have the standard ATX power 24-pin and cannot power a standard board.
you are looking at a chassis, PSU and motherboard swap to change the motherboard.
s-l1000.jpg

you can see the PSU connector has 10 pins and 2x4-pin blocks
its ok im gonna replace the psu too but the chassis too? i want to keep the chassis too but if it’s unavoidable , i might just buy a new one

R_1

Expert
Ambassador

Lil’bertz

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2014
its a non standard PSU. unless you can find one in that form factor with the proper power connectoars a standard unit will not fit which calls for a new chassis to house the PSU.
https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=...ro.com/2131/I/145/218/IMG_7652.JPG&f=1&nofb=1
the differences in dimensions are easy to see.
well sthat sucks but i saw at youtube they replaced the psu of it or maybe its not the same PC it only looks the same as mine.

TRENDING THREADS