[SOLVED] what size screws hold the backplate to the power supply?

Deepwaterlife48

Commendable
Nov 5, 2021
so my system has been built for a while but i noticed on some build videos by linus and jayztwocents that the power supply backing plate on the case not only has two thumb screws to keep the power supply from sliding out but it looks like 2 small screws hold the plate to the power supply itself? i suppose to keep the power supply from moving within the case. i never noticed till now. were these suppose to come with the case or is it possible i just lost them during the build? i can't imagine theyre bigger than say 4mm or maybe 6-32 give or take?

Solution
ATX standard is 6-32 for the power supply, the thumb screws that attach the backplate to the case could be anything the case manufacturer wants them to be.

I've found most higher end PSUs come with a set of screws. But all chassis will have the standard 6-32 screws included.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
ATX standard is 6-32 for the power supply, the thumb screws that attach the backplate to the case could be anything the case manufacturer wants them to be.

I've found most higher end PSUs come with a set of screws. But all chassis will have the standard 6-32 screws included.

Reactions: Deepwaterlife48
Solution

Deepwaterlife48

Commendable
Nov 5, 2021
i've got the thumb screws i was trying to eye out the holes and estimated depth. i might run by best buy and see if they have a pack of screws. i bought the case second hand for $50, the thermaltake psu just didnt come with em unless i threw em out by accident.