Question What Speakers should i use?

tlavanway3

Honorable
Jan 7, 2014
Hello iv been wanting to get new speakers for my Gaming Pc for a while now, the speakers i am currently useing now are Logitech Z506 5.1 now i have found 2 options that i cant pick between.

Should i get these?
Edifier R2000DB

or should i get these and set them up for Quadraphonic sound?
Edifier R1280T
Edifier R980T

the max i am willing to spend on New Speakers is $300 and i would like to keep the brand to Edifier if possible, because i like them.

tlavanway3

Honorable
Jan 7, 2014
from what i notice, i dont game serious enough to care about hearing footsteps and stuff, and i dont watch movies on my PC ever, and 90% of the time i am listening to youtube music while i game so i think the Edifiers will be a better choice for me, from the picture you have it seems like u might know a thing or two about audio, i choose to go with Edifier because i bought a pair of Edifier Speakers from a Resale shop for only 10 bucks and they actually sounded Amazing when i paired them with a 2.1 Logitech set. but if u could recommend me speakers to use that would be cool, i want to stay with the Powered Bookshelf Route because i dont like the look of Computer speakers they are too small and look cheap. even tho they don't cost cheap.

anort3

Titan
IF you're in the US and IF you don't mind waiting the JBL LSR306P MK IIs go on sale a few times a year for ~$150-$175 for a pair. They're usually $199 each. That's not a deal you'll beat. Black Friday and MAYBE Prime day here the 15th of next month is the time to look.

The 305P MK IIs are $149 each. They also go on sale a few times a year. The 306 has a larger woofer and will have better bass but the 305 is a superb speaker.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077N2GQXC/ref=psdc_11974991_t3_B00CP4IJH0

The PreSonus Eris E5 is a great choice ( going by your $300 budget above ). Price is for one.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CP4IJH0/ref=twister_B07NDRK282?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

The KRK RP5. Price is for a pair.

https://www.amazon.com/KRK-RP5G3-NA-Generation-Powered-Monitor/dp/B00FX7MMRO/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=KRK+RP5G3&qid=1561588082&s=gateway&sr=8-2

The Vanatoo Transparent Zero is $350 a pair.

https://www.amazon.com/Vanatoo-Transparent-Powered-Speakers-Black/dp/B01N33WUJ9/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2OO4KE7R5YK3N&keywords=vanatoo&qid=1561588277&s=electronics&sprefix=vanat,electronics,375&sr=1-3

You really can't go wrong with Edifier.

Find something you like in your price range and check for reviews. Real reviews from real audio sites.

anort3

Titan
What's a 10? A $400,000 pair of Focal Grand Utopias? They're a 1. :p

Audio is terribly subjective. Edifiers have a reputation for being listening enjoyment speakers more than monitoring speakers. Meaning you're going to get a warm, musical sound out of them instead of precise accuracy. So you wouldn't want to master music with them but they're going to be more fun to listen to than say a pair of Yamaha HS5s which would reveal every flaw in badly mastered music. I'd recommend Edifiers to a friend. That's about the highest praise I can give them.

What's a 10? A $400,000 pair of Focal Grand Utopias? They're a 1. :p

Audio is terribly subjective. Edifiers have a reputation for being listening enjoyment speakers more than monitoring speakers. Meaning you're going to get a warm, musical sound out of them instead of precise accuracy. So you wouldn't want to master music with them but they're going to be more fun to listen to than say a pair of Yamaha HS5s which would reveal every flaw in badly mastered music. I'd recommend Edifiers to a friend. That's about the highest praise I can give them.

Hey..... i have a pair of Yamaha HS8's with their HS8S sub and to me they sound amazing. But not everybody wants to drop $1100-1200 for computer speakers

anort3

Titan
I'd like the Yamaha's as well but I'm used to an 'audiophile' sound. Not everyone is. Not everyone is willing to drop $1000 on a pair of headphones either. lol

The Edifiers are solid. I really can't think you wouldn't like them. If I had any reservations I would have posted them. :)

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS