Question What Speakers should i use?

tlavanway3

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2014
Hello iv been wanting to get new speakers for my Gaming Pc for a while now, the speakers i am currently useing now are Logitech Z506 5.1 now i have found 2 options that i cant pick between.

Should i get these?
Edifier R2000DB

or should i get these and set them up for Quadraphonic sound?
Edifier R1280T
Edifier R980T

the max i am willing to spend on New Speakers is $300 and i would like to keep the brand to Edifier if possible, because i like them.

D

Deleted member 217926

For movies / entertainment the 5.1s will be more immersive. For music 2 or 2.1 is the way to go. Edifier is a great brand.

tlavanway3

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2014
from what i notice, i dont game serious enough to care about hearing footsteps and stuff, and i dont watch movies on my PC ever, and 90% of the time i am listening to youtube music while i game so i think the Edifiers will be a better choice for me, from the picture you have it seems like u might know a thing or two about audio, i choose to go with Edifier because i bought a pair of Edifier Speakers from a Resale shop for only 10 bucks and they actually sounded Amazing when i paired them with a 2.1 Logitech set. but if u could recommend me speakers to use that would be cool, i want to stay with the Powered Bookshelf Route because i dont like the look of Computer speakers they are too small and look cheap. even tho they don't cost cheap.

D

Deleted member 217926

IF you're in the US and IF you don't mind waiting the JBL LSR306P MK IIs go on sale a few times a year for ~$150-$175 for a pair. They're usually $199 each. That's not a deal you'll beat. Black Friday and MAYBE Prime day here the 15th of next month is the time to look.

The 305P MK IIs are $149 each. They also go on sale a few times a year. The 306 has a larger woofer and will have better bass but the 305 is a superb speaker.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077N2GQXC/ref=psdc_11974991_t3_B00CP4IJH0

The PreSonus Eris E5 is a great choice ( going by your $300 budget above ). Price is for one.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CP4IJH0/ref=twister_B07NDRK282?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

The KRK RP5. Price is for a pair.

https://www.amazon.com/KRK-RP5G3-NA...rds=KRK+RP5G3&qid=1561588082&s=gateway&sr=8-2

The Vanatoo Transparent Zero is $350 a pair.

https://www.amazon.com/Vanatoo-Transparent-Powered-Speakers-Black/dp/B01N33WUJ9/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2OO4KE7R5YK3N&keywords=vanatoo&qid=1561588277&s=electronics&sprefix=vanat,electronics,375&sr=1-3

You really can't go wrong with Edifier.

Find something you like in your price range and check for reviews. Real reviews from real audio sites.

D

Deleted member 217926

What's a 10? A $400,000 pair of Focal Grand Utopias? They're a 1. :p

Audio is terribly subjective. Edifiers have a reputation for being listening enjoyment speakers more than monitoring speakers. Meaning you're going to get a warm, musical sound out of them instead of precise accuracy. So you wouldn't want to master music with them but they're going to be more fun to listen to than say a pair of Yamaha HS5s which would reveal every flaw in badly mastered music. I'd recommend Edifiers to a friend. That's about the highest praise I can give them.

What's a 10? A $400,000 pair of Focal Grand Utopias? They're a 1. :p

Audio is terribly subjective. Edifiers have a reputation for being listening enjoyment speakers more than monitoring speakers. Meaning you're going to get a warm, musical sound out of them instead of precise accuracy. So you wouldn't want to master music with them but they're going to be more fun to listen to than say a pair of Yamaha HS5s which would reveal every flaw in badly mastered music. I'd recommend Edifiers to a friend. That's about the highest praise I can give them.

Hey..... i have a pair of Yamaha HS8's with their HS8S sub and to me they sound amazing. But not everybody wants to drop $1100-1200 for computer speakers

D

Deleted member 217926

I'd like the Yamaha's as well but I'm used to an 'audiophile' sound. Not everyone is. Not everyone is willing to drop $1000 on a pair of headphones either. lol

The Edifiers are solid. I really can't think you wouldn't like them. If I had any reservations I would have posted them. :)