[SOLVED] What specs should I use?

HyperBeat

Honorable
Mar 1, 2019
Umm Hey hello guys, I need some help choosing my PC specs (I will buy it soon..)
I have made some two builds please tell me the best one and thanks!

1. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ybWVzY
  2. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/9Qybgw
Do you also recommend me replacing the 1050ti with GTX 970?
I have choosed (1x8) ram since I will upgrade to 16gb ram in the future or to 12gb ram
If you have any changes to the builds please tell me about them (Motherboard, Cpu, etc..)
And would I get any bottle neck?

Solution
Btw should I choose the intel i5 8400 or the Amd ryzen 1700?

It's not as simple question as it seems, if You think about future upgrades.
8th gen Intel's are better for gaming than ryzens - they outperform ryzens in terms of FPS with high-end cards. And that's it. There's no more benefits for going intel.

If it comes to 1050ti, it doesn't matter at all, both CPUs will perform the same.
So if You are looking for a pc "for now", You can get that intel setup.

I would go for Ryzen for 2 reasons:
  • more core/threads (which You wouldn't notice now, on the current setup)
  • Am4 platform which gives You possibility to upgrade the rig in the future.

But if You want to go for Ryzen setup and upgrade it later, then:

ryanbodner1

Prominent
Jan 9, 2019
I have almost the same specs, I have the 16gb version of RAM, the same mobo, the cpu is 8600 instead of 8400. That setup though looks great, not sure about the 1050ti because I've never had one. I use the GTX 1060 6gb and it runs very well. I don't know anything about AMD so I can't help you there. But yes the Intel PC looks like it would run together with all those parts. A 6-core cpu should be good in video editing, too, if you like doing that. I suggest going ahead and buying the 16gb RAM right away because you could probably save some money buying it all at once instead of separatly.

Reactions: HyperBeat

HyperBeat

Honorable
Mar 1, 2019
Currently I can't afford for 16gb ram Im still an student and too old to work..
And in the future would I be able to upgrade to 1060 ti 6gb vram?
Is it good for straming, gaming, recording and editing cause I love editing/gaming-montage.
Sorry if i'm asking alot of questions I'm new to PC builds and thats my first PC build

Last edited:

maziech

Respectable
Feb 18, 2019
Two things:

* that graphic card sucks for modern games.
It's just outdated. 4GB ram is not enough, performance is poor as for today's standards.
If You are tight on budget, i would look 1060 6GB used, with warranty at the same price.
(unless You play fortnite and tetris, then it's ok) :)

* get an SSD to boot the system (240gb should be good. If You're tight on budget, You can buy 120)

maziech

Respectable
Feb 18, 2019
Btw should I choose the intel i5 8400 or the Amd ryzen 1700?

It's not as simple question as it seems, if You think about future upgrades.
8th gen Intel's are better for gaming than ryzens - they outperform ryzens in terms of FPS with high-end cards. And that's it. There's no more benefits for going intel.

If it comes to 1050ti, it doesn't matter at all, both CPUs will perform the same.
So if You are looking for a pc "for now", You can get that intel setup.

I would go for Ryzen for 2 reasons:
  • more core/threads (which You wouldn't notice now, on the current setup)
  • Am4 platform which gives You possibility to upgrade the rig in the future.

But if You want to go for Ryzen setup and upgrade it later, then:
  • You need 3200+mhz RAM (ryzens like high frequency rams)
  • You need to buy a good motherboard on X470 chipset (if You think of future upgrades to 3rd or maybe even 4th generation ryzen)
If You can afford it - go for it.

Solution

ryanbodner1

Prominent
Jan 9, 2019
I don't like the idea that there are pins located directly on the cpu for AMD. Intel has the pins on the mobo which makes it less likely to bend them. Like I said before I never had AMD but I've always had good lifetime and performance from Intel. I just built my first PC 3 months ago so I still have yet to experience some stuff. My setup is mostly used for Minecraft, Car Mechanic Simulator 2018, TABG, TABS, etc. They all run fine on Intel, but research some stuff about Intel RAM and AMD RAM usage and then decide what you need. Same thing for CPU threads.

HyperBeat

Honorable
Mar 1, 2019
I will buy the following setup since I have 3 more months to collect money
Specs: Intel i5 8400
Ram: 16gb
Vga: 1050ti or 1060ti
Storage: HDD 1TB & SSD 240gb
PSU: 550w

And I will think about AMD and do some researches because I don't really like there CPU's

maziech

Respectable
Feb 18, 2019
because I don't really like there CPU's
haha, that made my day :) it sounds like "i won't buy a ferrari, because i don't like red cars :)

It's not about liking. It's about performance and value for money.

I use my intel for 8th year now, and i'm really happy about it - it still rocks. But if i had to go new rig today, i would definitely go Ryzen. Ryzens are great.