What speed is it running?

Mopar_Mudder

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2002
I asume that their must be a utility out their that will show you the speed at which your ram is running, I just can't find one. My mother board, Asus P4T533c came with their Probe software that give you a bunch of info. but on the memory is says "speed unknown", it also only sees one of the 256mg modules for some reason.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Probably one module has a bad SIDE, so both modules are only showin one SIDE. Your memory will run at twice the memory mulitplier time the bus clock. IN other words, with a 100MHz bus clock and the 4x multiplier, it will run at PC800 speed.

What's the frequency, Kenneth?

Mopar_Mudder

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2002
The memory is PC1066 RDram. Ont he mother board settings it says the Bus is 133/33. So if I increase the bus to over clock the chip I am also over clocking the memory I take it?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
It depends. At anything bellow the "533" bus and 4x memory ratio, you're UNDERCLOCKING the memory. So if you're using a "400" bus CPU, your memory is underclocked, unless you overclock the CPU past 133MHz, aka "533 bus".

What's the frequency, Kenneth?

Mopar_Mudder

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2002
It is at 133fsb, but the Ram multiplier is on "Auto". I tried setting to x4 (x3 is the other setting) and the computer crashes ?????