[SOLVED] What speed would this SSD be with a ps4?

Solution
The PS4 also uses a SATA to USB converter. Though it's probably 3.0 which limits the SATA speed probably around 400MB/sec after overhead.

However don't expect massive improvements in loading time. The CPU is still a bottleneck.
Apr 26, 2021
The PS4 also uses a SATA to USB converter. Though it's probably 3.0 which limits the SATA speed probably around 400MB/sec after overhead.

However don't expect massive improvements in loading time. The CPU is still a bottleneck.
My biggest concern is how much the speed varies for different systems. I’ve seen people say it runs above the advertised speed of 520 MB/s an I’ve seen people say it runs at like 370 MB/s and some say it runs at like 274 MB/s. I’m afraid the ps4 might bottleneck it to sub 100 MB/s. Is that possible or no?

My biggest concern is how much the speed varies for different systems. I’ve seen people say it runs above the advertised speed of 520 MB/s an I’ve seen people say it runs at like 370 MB/s and some say it runs at like 274 MB/s. I’m afraid the ps4 might bottleneck it to sub 100 MB/s. Is that possible or no?
Not sure what you're so worried about. It'll be faster than a spinning HD no matter what.

From what I gather, loading times depends on the game. For large open world games like The Witcher 3, Fallout 4, or GTA V, an SSD improves loading times above 15%-20%. For games with smaller areas like Gran Turismo 6, loading times barely improve.

But as said, either way you'll get an upgrade. Just don't expect a massive one across the board like you would on a PC.

Apr 26, 2021
From what I gather, loading times depends on the game. For large open world games like The Witcher 3, Fallout 4, or GTA V, an SSD improves loading times above 15%-20%. For games with smaller areas like Gran Turismo 6, loading times barely improve.

But as said, either way you'll get an upgrade. Just don't expect a massive one across the board like you would on a PC.
No matter how much this SSD varies across different systems it won’t fall below 100 MB/s?