[SOLVED] What SSD 1tb Works in the M.2_1 slot (aka hyper m.2) on the Asrock b550m pro4

Nov 10, 2021
Im looking for a good 1tb ssd that will work in my mobo. I think the WD SN570 would work but it is a sata ssd and I already have the nvme sata ssd port taken so it won’t work. I am looking for one that will work in the first m.2 slot on the ASrock B500m pro4. Thanks

Solution
If you read through the specs of the WD SN570 page, it says that the drive is PCIe Gen3 x4 NVMe v1.4, meaning that it'll drop into both the M2_1 slot as well as the M2_2 slot. You'll be good to go but I'd advise on getting a PCIe 4.0x4 drive for M2_1 since the slot has potential for a higher spec'd drive. Also, make sure you're on the latest BIOS version prior to dropping in ram or SSD upgrades.

Lutfij

Titan
If you read through the specs of the WD SN570 page, it says that the drive is PCIe Gen3 x4 NVMe v1.4, meaning that it'll drop into both the M2_1 slot as well as the M2_2 slot. You'll be good to go but I'd advise on getting a PCIe 4.0x4 drive for M2_1 since the slot has potential for a higher spec'd drive. Also, make sure you're on the latest BIOS version prior to dropping in ram or SSD upgrades.

Solution
Nov 10, 2021
Thanks!