what ssd interface connector is this?

The Abacus

Commendable
Aug 3, 2017
I have done further research and it seems to be a rare 26 pin ssd interface, does anyone have any information on this connector?

The Abacus

Commendable
Aug 3, 2017
this ssd has 6pins on the smaller tab and 20 on the other I thought m.2 has 19 and the slot looks smaller
I have read some stuff about these ssd's from the carbon x1 laptops and peaple seem to say its not m.2

Reactions: ktriebol

rgd1101

Don't

and what system/laptop model do you have?

look like it only work on a few model of laptop. it 3.7mm sff form sdd

epretorious

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
I realize that it's been a year-and-a-half since the poster asked this question. But who cares?!

I came across this information about the SandDIsk SD5SG2-128G-1052E & SandDIsk SD5SG2-256G-1052E in the Levovo forums while researching the prospect of upgrading the SandDIsk SD5SG2-128G-1052E installed in my First Generation Lenovo ThinkPad Carbon X1:

The first generation X1 Carbon SSD uses a proprietary interface. It's standard SATA signalling, but with a small form factor connector, sometimes called SanDisk 20+6. The second and third generations use mSATA and M.2 cards (I forget which order.)

You can get adapter cards on Amazon to convert from the 20+6 form factor SSD to standard SATA (so you can read the data off your 1st-gen SSD), and different adapter cards to convert from mSATA or M.2 SSD to 20+6 (so you can use a newer SSD in your 1st-gen X1 laptop.) Some of the vendors are "Sintech" and "Micro SATA Cables", prices from about $11-30 (the cheaper ones only ship from China, which takes longer, but look like the same board.)

...they get good reviews saying people could read their data or use the SSD in their laptop.

There's another post that contains a bit of knowledge. But the one that I've cited (above) contains the real nugget of information about the SanDisk 20+6 connector.

HTH,
Eric Pretorious
Portland, Oregon

TRENDING THREADS