Solution
Ok. I didn't explain what I'm doing. I know I can replace my hard drive for an ssd, and I can do that. But i want to keep my hard drive and replace my wifi card with a m.2, msata or whatever that port is with a ssd. I small faster storage for a file I'm running 24/7 which is hocked up via Ethernet which is why I willing yo replace my wifi card for storage. I posted a picture of the wifi card, ssd, and the motherboard scroll through them. through. My question was what port that was and what ssd can fit there. I'm not talking about 2.5 inch ssd. Get what I'm trying to do here?

Sorry about my confusion. There are times, SQUIRREL!!!

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA9Y13N49614

Compatibility is not 100%...
Can you please post a pic of the back of the laptop? From what I can glean you can install a 2.5" sata drive in there. https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Acer+Aspire+E5-571+Hard+Drive+Replacement/51951

JLsBiJds1VfZyFGX.medium

That shows a 2.5" SSD in there.

That Kingston drive may have been a factory or user upgrade. I can only assume.

Jolaoso

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2015
Ok. I didn't explain what I'm doing. I know I can replace my hard drive for an ssd, and I can do that. But i want to keep my hard drive and replace my wifi card with a m.2, msata or whatever that port is with a ssd. I small faster storage for a file I'm running 24/7 which is hocked up via Ethernet which is why I willing yo replace my wifi card for storage. I posted a picture of the wifi card, ssd, and the motherboard scroll through them. through. My question was what port that was and what ssd can fit there. I'm not talking about 2.5 inch ssd. Get what I'm trying to do here?

Sorry about my confusion. There are times, SQUIRREL!!!

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA9Y13N49614

Compatibility is not 100% guaranteed.

Solution
I don't think you're going to find a 100% compatible device because that area is designed to accept a wifi card. I offered one that I thought would work. You are going off the beaten track and are taking an unorthodox approach so I had to reply in kind.

Are they keyed different? Will it be slower than an external USB drive? Idk. I am not even sure it would work.

I would post a new question asking a moderator to move your question to the appropriate category which I would assume is storage. That may allow the "right" people(more experienced in storage devices) to see it.

TRENDING THREADS