Dabpug

Prominent
Mar 23, 2019
So, I was thinking about buying this

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberp...lid-state-drive-black/6306261.p?skuId=6306261

My current computer is very old and was built years and years ago. I've been thinking about getting back into PC gaming since I now have friends who have been playing PC. I started to think that maybe I could just upgrade my current equipment instead and save some money. I don't necessarily mind saving up for the PC above if a complete overhaul is recommended, but if it really is just as simple as upgrading some parts and saving money, then sure.

My current PC build is:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHZ
8.00 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti
MSI ZH77A-G43 Motherboard

Just out of curiosity, I went to Can You Run It. I searched Battlefield 5 and it says I just need a CPU and GPU upgrade. Is that really all I need to do to my current PC in order to play some modern games smoothly, and also be prepared for some years to come? VR would be kind of cool, but haven't really thought about it too much.

But yeah what do you guys think about this?

Also side note, I have to ask. I was looking at this monitor:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/acer-p...-g-sync-monitor-black/6238705.p?skuId=6238705

My friend is telling me that I need to have a good GPU in order to have this monitor. Now I understand I won't get the full experience out of it with my current build. But he is making it seem that it will literally stress out my current GPU and that it may just flat out not work. I thought monitors were just screens to display some stuff. I didn't think my GPU would actually play a part in whether or not it will run. Obviously I am looking to upgrade my PC, so it would be just temporary, but would it be a bad idea to purchase this monitor with current build I have?

Sorry if it seems like I'm all over the place with this post. It's been a while since I've considered these things, and it all seems a little overwhelming at the moment. I just want to be able to do some awesome and smooth PC gaming for some time to come. Thank you for reading!

Solution
The monitor will work with the system you've linked above. I would however suggest that you build a system on your own. That way you get to know what is going in your build and you have the option of upgrading later down the road. Seeing how you're looking at spending 3K on the build, you seem to have a healthy budget.

Tell you what? Go through this thread and add the necessary information here for us to followup on.

Lutfij

Titan
The monitor will work with the system you've linked above. I would however suggest that you build a system on your own. That way you get to know what is going in your build and you have the option of upgrading later down the road. Seeing how you're looking at spending 3K on the build, you seem to have a healthy budget.

Tell you what? Go through this thread and add the necessary information here for us to followup on.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS