What steps do I have to take?

Solution
The GTX 745 and GTX 1050 Ti have similar power consumption, but the 1050 Ti does consume a little more power.

Check your power supply. Find out the model and see if it is up to the task.

You typically look at your CPU also to find out if it will be fast enough to take full advantage of a faster GPU.

As for installing the new GPU. Download and run Display Driver Uninstaller and select the "Clean and Shutdown" option. Do that and remove the GTX 745. Then insert the GTX 1050 Ti. Download and install the latest compatible driver from Nvidia and install it.
The GTX 745 and GTX 1050 Ti have similar power consumption, but the 1050 Ti does consume a little more power.

Check your power supply. Find out the model and see if it is up to the task.

You typically look at your CPU also to find out if it will be fast enough to take full advantage of a faster GPU.

As for installing the new GPU. Download and run Display Driver Uninstaller and select the "Clean and Shutdown" option. Do that and remove the GTX 745. Then insert the GTX 1050 Ti. Download and install the latest compatible driver from Nvidia and install it.

Solution
May 22, 2018

I have a i5 6400 is that good enough¿ also where do I find the display driver Uninstaller¿

Thanks

That depends more on the quality of the unit. Some low quality units will say they have 500W but really only have ~200W.

Tell me your psu make and model or look at the sticker on the side and see how many Amps (A) are on the +12V rail.

Yeah that's good enough for a GTX 1050 Ti.