Question What suggestions would you have for this upgrade?

Beukgevaar

Commendable
Jul 24, 2017
I'm about to update my current system, since it won't survive until the Ryzen 3000 series comes out. But I was wondering if there are any "better" options that what I ensembled:

• AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Wraith Boxed
  • Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming
  • Noctua NH-U12 SE-AM4
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2D3000C16
  • Corsair RM650x (2018)
  • WD Black NVMe SSD SN700 500GB

I can still use the HDD's (and 1 SSD), video card from the old system.

It will mainly be used for some photo editing, (sometimes video), machine learning algorithms for study, a little bit of gaming.... so kind of an all around workstation (?).
This system will come in at about 600 euros in the NL, just curious about your guys opinion ;)

Since I'm not sure at what LEVEL you will be using this, it's hard to say, but if you do any photo or video editing in a semi-serious capacity, and with the machine learning or a bit of heavy multitasking thrown in, if there is any way you can expand the budget to fit a Ryzen 7 with it's additional cores/threads, it would probably be to your benefit. The single core performance of Ryzen isn't terrific, so it's high core counts are what gives it some leverage and while the Ryzen 5's work well enough for gaming, professional applications or just a fair amount of multitasking will probably benefit more than enough from the additional 2 cores and 4 threads to be worth the premium.

Otherwise, that's looks pretty good.