what supplies need to be purchased seperately?

Apr 10, 2018
Hello all. I'm building my first computer and although i have put quite a lot of research in, there's stuff that is not easily found. What cables and other things will I need to purchase separately?
I'm planning on using an Intel I7 8700k, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW Hyrbid, not sure which brand ram and ssd, and psu (around 850 watt). i have purchased Evga Z370 FTW motherboard and a corsair graphite 780t case. I got a corsair h60 cpu cooler free with the case and i know ill need thermal paste (most likely) but other than that, I'm not sure what ill have to get separate. Or if someone can recommend brands/models for the remaining components.

Thanks in advance

Solution
SSD: I love Sk Hynix products but Samsung is a well known brand in America
HDD: for a mass storage drive, nothing better than Western digital black or blue drives in my book
RAM: Can't go wrong with G.Skill
PSU: EVGA, no substitute
thermal paste: arctic silver 5

to be honest, you really won't need any extra supplies other than a Phillips head screw driver.
I put some extra things in my build like sound dampening foam as well as mounting gaskets that mount between my case fans and my case itself to help reduce fan vibrations.
Mmm none really. The paste that comes with the H60 should be fine. The psu has all appropriate connectors.

If you get an m.2 form factor ssd you don’t even need a SATA cable (unless you have an optical drive but those are dying out). Normally the mobo box will include a couple sata cables anyway.

Some folks use a grounding wrist strap and a magnetic tip phillips head screwdriver is helpful.

KiL3MaNjAr0W

Reputable
Sep 27, 2016
SSD: I love Sk Hynix products but Samsung is a well known brand in America
HDD: for a mass storage drive, nothing better than Western digital black or blue drives in my book
RAM: Can't go wrong with G.Skill
PSU: EVGA, no substitute
thermal paste: arctic silver 5

to be honest, you really won't need any extra supplies other than a Phillips head screw driver.
I put some extra things in my build like sound dampening foam as well as mounting gaskets that mount between my case fans and my case itself to help reduce fan vibrations.

Solution