What Temp is correct?

Booky

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2001
I get about 40 in BIOS a Idle and about 48 in PC alert at Idle. Which is correct? Also I have the criticle limit set to 70, is that too high? The BIOS doesn't go lower than that. I have the new MSI K7T266 Pro, and it is performing great, I was just wondering about the temp. I have retail 1.33GHz and useing HS/Fan that came with it. Highest I seen was 53 right when I exited a game after playing for about a hour. 53 isn't too bad is it?

A revision to mpjesse's signature;
"My Signature Sucks"

Booky

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2001
Oh I forgot to add that when I pulled the HS/Fan from the box it had a plastic guard covering the whole bottom of the HS. I took it off and looked at the pink film. I guess thats the thermal compound. I tried to remove a thin covering from it, like the picture showed, but it was sticky. There didn't appear to be any sheet covering the pink stuff other than the big plastic cover over the bottom of the HS. Is this why my temp at 40-50? I read that that can be considered high, but AMD says 160 F is where to get worried.

"My Signature Sucks"

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
53 is not too bad, but 48 at idle is crappy. The sticky stuff is the thermal compound. If your clip was not very hard to put on, I would suggest that you might press on the heatsink a little to make sure it has seated into the compound well.

Suicide is painless...........

Booky

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2001
I will try that now after it has warmed up some. Also my origional question, which is right the BIOS Temp or the PC Alert Temp?

"My Signature Sucks"