[SOLVED] What temp should your graphic card be at when surf'n the net ect ?

slippers1690

Reputable
Sep 29, 2016
Hi guys another ? for you all.
When i lay my case flat the temp on my graphic card goes down to 23 c but when i stand the case upright the temp goes up between 28c & 30c.
Playing pc game the temp between 60c & 77c.
Is this normal guys ?.

Solution
So temps on your gpu is relative to your fan speed and air circulation within the case, (fresh air in hot air out). So when you lay your case down you are changing the dynamics of your air flow. 23C, 28C 30C is low temps for a gpu card and nothing to worry about. When gaming you may want to adjust your fan speed a bit to cool a little bit more aggressively to keep it around 70 c or lower. 77c is still not horrible for your gpu but it may affect the performance a bit.
So temps on your gpu is relative to your fan speed and air circulation within the case, (fresh air in hot air out). So when you lay your case down you are changing the dynamics of your air flow. 23C, 28C 30C is low temps for a gpu card and nothing to worry about. When gaming you may want to adjust your fan speed a bit to cool a little bit more aggressively to keep it around 70 c or lower. 77c is still not horrible for your gpu but it may affect the performance a bit.

Reactions: Krotow
Solution

slippers1690

Reputable
Sep 29, 2016
Thx on the info Fix_that_Glitch that does make sense.
When am gaming and say i have the settings up full to high,card is at 77c since i lay the tower flat.
But i can go higher settings like ultra that does make the card hot and above 80c

Thx on the info Fix_that_Glitch that does make sense.
When am gaming and say i have the settings up full to high,card is at 77c since i lay the tower flat.
But i can go higher settings like ultra that does make the card hot and above 80c
Try using msi afterburner and use the fan control part. You can create a fan curve to speed up fans as your card temp goes up. IE. 40C- 40% fan speed etc. Experiment a little with it. I would definitely keep it under 80c.