[SOLVED] What the heck is happening here????????

Oct 3, 2021
so I have an ADATA GAMMIX S5 NVMe 256 GB drive
GIGABYTE H410M S2H
Core i3 10100
and a GTX 970
so if I use my NVMe drive as second storage and use some SATA SSD to boot
the NVMe drive goes for 1700 1800 MB per second which is what I expect from it and it's working great
but if I install windows or Linux on it and run crystal disk mark again or copy a file from any drive to it
it never passes 480 500 MB
I already verified that it's running at NVMe not SATA with Crystal disk info
I also reset the bios and installed new fresh windows on it
I'm running windows 11 now but it was the same thing on windows 10
once I thought the GPU is causing a PCI express allocation problem so I removed it went to 1600 1700MB so I thought that's it
but when I put the GPU back in the system it was still at the same high speed about 1600 1650MB
I was happy until I restarted the system again and it came back to the same 500 480MB nonsense again
and if I remove the GPU again it won't go to 1700MB again
I'm running the latest bios and all the chipsets and drivers are all up to date
I'm also aware that the NVMe slot on my motherboard only has 2 lanes instead of 4 but it reached the advertised speed so it should be a problem
what should I do?
I know the drive has no problem because the warranty verified its ok right in front of me
right now with the GPU installed is running at 1500MB but I'm kind of afraid to even turn off the system
sorry if it's too long but pleasssse help me

Last edited by a moderator:
so I have an ADATA GAMMIX S5 NVMe 256 GB drive
GIGABYTE H410M S2H
Core i3 10100
and a GTX 970
so if I use my NVMe drive as second storage and use some SATA SSD to boot
the NVMe drive goes for 1700 1800 MB per second which is what I expect from it and it's working great
but if I install windows or Linux on it and run crystal disk mark again or copy a file from any drive to it
it never passes 480 500 MB
I already verified that it's running at NVMe not SATA with Crystal disk info
I also reset the bios and installed new fresh windows on it
I'm running windows 11 now but it was the same thing on windows 10
once I thought the GPU is causing a PCI express allocation problem so I removed it went to 1600 1700MB so I thought that's it
but when I put the GPU back in the system it was still at the same high speed about 1600 1650MB
I was happy until I restarted the system again and it came back to the same 500 480MB nonsense again
and if I remove the GPU again it won't go to 1700MB again
I'm running the latest bios and all the chipsets and drivers are all up to date
I'm also aware that the NVMe slot on my motherboard only has 2 lanes instead of 4 but it reached the advertised speed so it should be a problem
what should I do?
I know the drive has no problem because the warranty verified its ok right in front of me
right now with the GPU installed is running at 1500MB but I'm kind of afraid to even turn off the system
sorry if it's too long but pleasssse help me
Unplug the sata ssd.
Boot from the m.2.
Run a pass of CDM and CDI and post a screen shot for each.

Oct 3, 2021
You might want to make the suspect list smaller.
Connect just the adata and test.
If it still fails unplug the GPU and use the igp and test.
I just did what I did the first time and apparently, re seeting the GPU fixes the problem again
both GPU and SSD are working again as they should
the same thing happen even when I put a 40Gb network adaptor instead of the GPU
I tried it for a few days and it happened
so its probably the motherboard
right?
there is no PCI express bifurcation setting in the bios and I just set it to gen 3