[SOLVED] What the hell is this touch button in acer 6930g ?!

Rui Neves

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014
the touch button is working like a power button when the pc is turned off and when it´s turned on does nothing !
never seen anything like that , well maybe because of my lack of experience but anyway , what the hell is that button suppose to do ? It´s doing what is suppose to be ?

Image:

Solution
If the Arcade Deluxe button is pressed when the machine is off, it normally boots up Acer Arcade Instant-On. If that isn't present, it functions as a regular on button.
there is no way to disable it either.

Rui Neves

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014
I have looked to tthat before , neither the manual or the other link have the same button that I have posted , but anyway I found on a facebook group about the laptop that it is for acer arcade delux , I dont have any software of acer installed right now so I have no idea why the button acts like a power button , the only explanation that I find is that windows somehow don´t know what to think when I pressed it , but at the same time my idea does not make sense because it only works like a power button when pc is off if it is on the button don´t do anythig at all ...

Colif

Win 11 Master
If the Arcade Deluxe button is pressed when the machine is off, it normally boots up Acer Arcade Instant-On. If that isn't present, it functions as a regular on button.

Solution

Rui Neves

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014
thank you ! so is everything "normal" , at least I have a spare power button for free apparently