What the hell is wrong with my BCD??

May 24, 2018
I have this bizzare Problem i cant pin down.

Whenever i restart, or boot from total shutdown, i get the infuriating 0XC0000e error.

Now i understand its a boot manager issue.
but heres the kicker.

I have 3 Drives.

1 SSD which the System is installed on
and 2 HDD which are just storage.

If i unplug the 2 HDDs i get a "no operating system found press x to restart"

if i plug them in i get the 0XC0000e error....What the hell?

Ive tried the command prompt, nothing works, its either "path not found" or access denied. if i try any commands.

Now the wierder part is, if i just go to the bios, and exit , it boots to windows.

I want to know what the hell is going on???

System specs

Win 10 pro
Motherboard is a Asus Hero VI 370x AM4
1800x Ryzen
1080TI
1 Intel SSD 240Gb
1WD black 1T
1STS or something (old HDD)1T

Its like windows is installed on one drive, and the Boot manager is installed on the other, its infuriating and confusing!!

Thanks in advance!

Ok , so it might have something to do with MBR and GPT, and it looks like one of My HDD's has a (system reserved) partition on it for some reason, even thought the windows isnt installed on it.
its as if the BCD migrated to a different Drive than the one windows is installed on..is that even possible??

Again many thanks, i would love to get to the bottom of this and get it fixed.!

\

Solution
I fixed it.
Apperantly i had my MBR on a different drive...i have no idea why Windows decided to do that, but it did.
Installed easyBCD and just fixed the MBR , and created a new entry on my system SSD.

All good now!
May 24, 2018
I fixed it.
Apperantly i had my MBR on a different drive...i have no idea why Windows decided to do that, but it did.
Installed easyBCD and just fixed the MBR , and created a new entry on my system SSD.

All good now!

Solution