What The Tom's Team Played This Weekend: 'Fortnite: Battle Royale'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giroro

Splendid
I like Fortnite in theory.. but the controls they came up with are just ...bad (and crazy laggy on PS4, even with mouse and keyboard). So it's okay to be bad at building, because pretty much anybody who hasn't spent a long time setting up macros and scripts ends up being bad at building. The building controls were clearly not designed with fast action in mind.

This is the first time I've ever played a game on my PC and felt like a gaming mouse (with four side buttons) and keyboard is inadequate. All the buildings are mapped to the (too far away) F keys, and even the macro keys on my keyboard are too far away to hit quickly enough.

I mean, bare minimum the game needs a dedicated "last weapon" type button so you can switch back and forth between pickaxe/building and the gun you want without trying to figure out what slot it randomly wound up in.

As for PUBG, i have no idea if its any good, but I would probably be better at it. Although, why should I pay $40 for a micro-transaction based hat simulator when the competition is free?

lperreault21

Notable
Sep 8, 2017

fortnite is all microtransactions too

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS