WHAT THE TOP 5 PC GAMES TO PLAY CURRENTLY IN EACH GAME CATEGORY

Ray Charles

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2008
I FINALLY GOT MY PC WHAT GAMES SHOULD I GET FOR IT!
WHAT THE TOP 5 PC GAMES TO PLAY CURRENTLY IN EACH GAME CATEGORY

SHOOTERS

RACING
SPORTS

OTHER

Strategy (I don't play these but its good to know)

Also which is the best Windows (XP pro, XP MCE, VISTA ........) and the best dvd player and the best music player

ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

smartel7070

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2006
I play mainly shooters so ....

1.COD4
2.Crysis
3.Mass Effect (shooter/rpg)
4.HL2 and following episodes
5.Bioshock

I do play some racing games occasionally and the latest one I tried is Flatout Ultimate Carnage. It's really fun to play.

For gaming I still prefer XP Pro but that is a personal choice.

Any current gen dvd player will do .... I recently had a Samsung and a LG ... The LG was more silent than the Samsung.

And best no frills music player for me is the good old winamp !

teh_boxzor

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2007
strategy i'd have to say company of heroes, civilization series, total war series, starcraft, and age of empires.

though not in that order.

wgdz

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2007
For some reason I get very very sick playing COD4, when I play CS:S I don't get it though... something about COD4 that just makes me want to puke after 10 min of play time... maybe too much monitor shaking.

the last resort

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2008
as for racing, GRID is pretty nice. As for a music player, definately go with JetAudio, probably the very best program used. And if possible, download RaimaRadio, great internet radio app that will provide music from around the world and will mix it up for a while. Right now I'm listening to German techno, and its pretty nice. (TechnoBase FM).

G

cod 4....

highly addicting and enjoyable for a while, but once you completely own everything, and you beat the living snot out of everyone you play online... even clans and stuff... its not fun any more... I was even offered to play in a professional league and be payed... but i said no because you just realize cod 4 isn't fun at a certain point

but yeah its fun for a while and then you'll never pick it up again

mexpedip

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2008
FPS - BF2, COD4, crysis (only for the graphics). Those are the only ones I own or have played enough to form an opinion on. The entire series for BF2 is only $29-$39 and the basic BF2 is $10. It's hard to find any FPS games that offer the same online/single player opportunities to do everything from ground pounding infantry to flying jets that BF2 does. My only suggestion for FPS games is if you play online make sure you go to some fairly established servers. There is nothing worse then playing with ppl who use hacks. While not preventable experienced, fair admins can ususally spot hackers before they cause too much disruption in the game play.

I use Vista Ultimate x64 and have not had any problems. If you are thinking of doing the same thing make sure you have at least 4gb of ram.

G

racing game is definitely GRID, best racing game i've ever played

ohiou_grad_06

Distinguished
For strategy, the one I go back to all the time is Rome: Total War. Man that game has so much replayability to me. I bought that game for 50 bucks when it was first out, and still play it all the time. It's one that I can play for a few months, put down for a few more months, start playing again and get hooked on it again.

TRENDING THREADS