What thermal compound should I use?

zubah

Honorable
Jan 3, 2014
Hello, I have been using a AMD FX 8350 for rendering puposes, and I was wondering what thermal compound would you recommend for this processor. I work in 3D Max and it uses the processor at 100% power sometimes even a couple of days without pause.
A couple of months ago when I have installed the new CPU cooler (Zerotherm BTF90), I have applied the Arctic Silver 5 paste on it (with the drop in the center method) and the temps stayed at maximum 54 degrees C. I have noticed a slight increase in temp each week increasing by 1 degree C, and now the temperature is maxing at 62 degrees C.
What would you recommend me to use for this? I was thinking on giving the Arctic Silver Ceramique 2 a try...
Again, I use my computer almost non-stop... when i am sleeping, the computer is almost every time rendering.

zubah

Honorable
Jan 3, 2014
Thank you all for your quick answers! I will try the Noctua NT-H1, since the PK3 is not available in Romania from what I've seen. The up-mentioned article is very good and detailed.
I also noticed when I have opened my case and took out my cooler radiator that it was full of dust. (the dust was on the other side of the case and I couldn't see it at first). Anyway, since I will try overclocking the CPU I will also try the mentioned thermal compounds to see which one works best.
Thank you!