Question What thermal pads???

Mar 26, 2023
Hey everyone, I just bought a used gpu and I want to change the thermal pads on it. I have no idea what to get and Google isn't helping. It's an aorus 3070ti Master. If anyone can help it would sure be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Ralston18

Titan
Reactions: Tech Rescue
Mar 26, 2023
First question: Is there a temperature problem with the GPU? If not, leave well enough alone.

Second question: What search criteria did you use to "google"?

My search provided some results. For example (not a recommendation or endorsement):

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/gigabytegaming/comments/n2ne4n/gigabyte_rtx_3070_gaming_oc_8g_thermal_pads/

What are the specific concerns, issues, problems etc. regarding the thermal pads on the 3070ti?
I bought the card used and wanted to apply fresh thermal paste. When I took the card apart the pads looked a little rough, some are misshapen and others tore in the process. So I'd just like to replace them while it's apart. And I found some info about other gigabyte cards but not the ti master variant.

Ralston18

Titan
Taken apart and now overtaken by events. :)

I am not aware of any differences regarding the use of thermal pads in a GPU being configured into some higher level of performance.

Overall, product quality is the key concern with respect to both thermal paste and thermal pads.

However, full disclosure, that is all going somewhat out of my comfort zones.

I can suggest that you google "Do gpu's need special thermal pads or paste for overclocking" or other similiar words and phrases to find out more about the topic.

In the meantime, someone else may post additional comments, ideas, and specific suggestions.

Reactions: Tech Rescue
Mar 26, 2023
Taken apart and now overtaken by events. :)

I am not aware of any differences regarding the use of thermal pads in a GPU being configured into some higher level of performance.

Overall, product quality is the key concern with respect to both thermal paste and thermal pads.

However, full disclosure, that is all going somewhat out of my comfort zones.

I can suggest that you google "Do gpu's need special thermal pads or paste for overclocking" or other similiar words and phrases to find out more about the topic.

In the meantime, someone else may post additional comments, ideas, and specific suggestions.
Ok thank you

Never messed with gpu thermal pads before but from what I’ve read, people who have changed them sometimes have trouble getting the right thickness as well as hardness on the pads, and that when they put the card back together they have heating issues. Hopefully you have good luck.