What time does windows 10 roll out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I am so po'ed right now, I have searched for about a hour now on release times around USA for windows 10. Nothing of use to me whatsoever. So I was hoping you intelligent people could possibly clue me in on release times. Oh and maybe this whole "releasing in waves" thing that I saw on multiple sites.

Danka for any help.

G

why would they even add a que if you can just bypass it?

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador

I have 8.1 pro and it hasn't started downloading yet. And i reserved a copy like the first day you could.

G

lol but still im curious as to when it should start rolling out to all places

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador

I dont think their is a definitive answer to that here is a quote from the verge "Microsoft said today that it would be rolling out Windows 10 in waves, "slowly scaling up" the rollout as it sees how things are going. "

Zeriu

Reputable
Apr 27, 2015

Is that not just an ISO? I would assume by using that form of upgrading. Windows 10 wouldnt know your Windows 7 key is a legit windows 10 key also. Only by upgrading through the reserved copy automatic download will it. Once you have upgraded to windows 10 from within their reserve system. Then your windows 7 key will also be a windows 10 key is from what I gather. Or am I wrong here? Now that I have reserved is my key already windows 10 ready?

I was able to verify that my Windows 10 has a new product key and was able to create a bootable DVD after downloading the .ISO. Launch the media creation tool and select the option to download the .ISO for another PC. I used MagicJellyBean key finder to extract the product key. I can't be so sure that I could dual-boot with Windows 8.1 this way, though, because attempting to install on and overwrite my active Windows partition generated an error message.

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/software/operating-systems/1403593/how-to-upgrade-to-windows-10-and-get-your-new-licence-key

Status
Not open for further replies.