[SOLVED] What to buy first.

bryanc723

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2015
I'm wanting to spend a decent amount on a new rig and want to know which components I should purchase first and which ones I should wait on the longest. It will take some months to get everything together. Should I buy a mobo first or the processor first? The case?
I'll be using my current PSU, GPU, and SSD, so I'll need a CPU, RAM, MoBo, and a case.
I don't want my mobo to be obsolete by the time I get a cpu or vice versa.

Solution
in addition to new tech coming out, Return windows for defective equipment is often only 14 days, and prices on electronics always trend downward, meaning something you bougjht for $50 today might be $45 next month and $40 the month after.

Lutfij

Titan
Save up the money and then pull the trigger. Partial purchases always end up being an "oh man, I wish I didn't buy this" dilemma.

Every 3 months or more, you have newer tech coming out, which is why you will end up with something that is obsolete.

in addition to new tech coming out, Return windows for defective equipment is often only 14 days, and prices on electronics always trend downward, meaning something you bougjht for $50 today might be $45 next month and $40 the month after.

Solution