[SOLVED] What to buy/upgrade to my pc

SedzDay

Commendable
May 16, 2020
Ok so i just bought myself a pre built pc and im wanting to decide to what to upgrade or buy first for me to really play pubg in med or low settings with a decent fps can i have some of your oppinions on what to buy or upgrade first

my pc specs

cpu i3 3210 3.20Ghz

8gb ddr3 ram(single stick)

mobo: MSI H61M-P31/W8

gtx galax 1050

hdd(dont know whats the name tho) 500gb

so what do i add to my rig first xD

oh and i was planning on getting the i5 2550k for my cpu i guess

Solution
At the very least:
-dual channel ram. If you have to buy another stick, make sure it has the same timings as the one you currently have. They'll have a higher chance of working together. The Cpu-Z app(memory tab) can tell you the timings of the current stick.
-skip the i5, it won't provide that big of a boost. A 2nd hand i7-2600K, 3770K, or Xeon E3-1280V2. All 3 are compatible with that mobo.
-an SSD wouldn't hurt for just an OS-only drive.

SedzDay

Commendable
May 16, 2020
Budget?

Without changing out the motherboard I'd probably look at a used 3770(K) for the additional cores/threads which should help in games such as PUBG. Upgrading the memory could help as well but it really comes down o the budget.
i still got like only a 100$ here xD

and i was thinking should i just get an ssd first?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
At the very least:
-dual channel ram. If you have to buy another stick, make sure it has the same timings as the one you currently have. They'll have a higher chance of working together. The Cpu-Z app(memory tab) can tell you the timings of the current stick.
-skip the i5, it won't provide that big of a boost. A 2nd hand i7-2600K, 3770K, or Xeon E3-1280V2. All 3 are compatible with that mobo.

Solution

WildCard999

Titan
i still got like only a 100$ here xD

and i was thinking should i just get an ssd first?
Tough choice, if your gaming performance is poor I'd get the CPU first but if it's good enough for now then you could go SSD. For $100 you should be able to get a used 3770(K) or something comparable. As for the SSD get at least a 240gb SSD as the OS can take up quite a bit of space and it's good to have at least 15-20% of the drive free. The Sandisk SSD Plus drives are decent for the price.

Reactions: SedzDay

SedzDay

Commendable
May 16, 2020
At the very least:
its ok if i use the ssd for pubg and rust to right sorry for the questions im kinda new to this stuff xD

SedzDay

Commendable
May 16, 2020
like im planning on getting an ssd so is can i like just use my ssd for my games to load faster like rust and just keep my os at my hhd idc about the booting of my pc actually if that is all what it does

pretty new to stuff like this

and can somone reccomend me a good 120gb ssd kinda broke rn thats why im starting in the small stuff and upgrade if i have money thanks :D

Last edited:

SedzDay

Commendable
May 16, 2020
are you sure about that i7 3770k? will it do well with my gpu?
Oh ok
It'll help with load times, just don't use all the SSD's space trying to fit them. Storage speed slows down when you exceed a certain capacity, like 80%. Even though it's there, you never really want to use it all.
Oh ok so you told mw to get like a i7 3770k but the question will it work with my current gpu i only have a gtx 1050 2gb

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Oh ok so you told mw to get like a i7 3770k but the question will it work with my current gpu i only have a gtx 1050 2gb
I didn't just say a 3770K, but a 2600K and Xeon E3-1280V2. The Xeons are usually cheaper in the 2nd hand market.
You should be able to get one of the other 2 for under 75USD, but some people are just too greedy.

I don't see why it wouldn't work.

SedzDay

Commendable
May 16, 2020
ok so i got a pre built system which has only a single stick ddr3 8gb 1600mhz kingston and im planning later to get a new 8 gb single stick will it affect my old stick if i put them together

and can i ask a question is it a big difference for 8gb to 16gb in gaming like games for pubg,rust

SedzDay

Commendable
May 16, 2020
Ok so as the title told you i just want to know if i can like run pubg or rust in a decent fps in like med or low settings

Specs

cpu i3 3210 3.20Ghz

16gb 16000mhz ddr3 kingston 2x8gb

mobo: MSI H61M-P31/W8

gtx galax 1050

hdd(dont know whats the name tho) 500gb

no ssd

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Depends what you qualify as decent. I can't imagine you hit 60 FPS on either without extremely low resolution/quality settings. Especially Rust as you're below the minimum requirements.

Hopefully you did not spend over $150-$200 for this and left budget for upgrades!

USAFRet

Titan
Please...stick to ONE thread for this system.

Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS