stripedhornet

Reputable
Jun 10, 2018
Hello everyone on the forum, I have a question for all of the NVIDIA crowds out there. I am looking into getting a new graphics card for my gaming PC I built earlier this year.
I need to know how the experience has been with Ray-Tracing. I'm looking at getting an RTX 2060 or 2060 SUPER or even an RTX 2070. I don't want to spend $1000 on a GPU. Is there a better brand that makes the RTX cards/which brand has better RTX cards? (GIGABYTE, MSI, ROG)

My system:
CPU - Ryzen 7 2700X
RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB 3200 (2x8GB)
GPU - MSI ARMOR OC RX 590
PSU - Corsair Vengeance 650M 650 W 80+ Silver
MBD - MSI Arsenal Gaming B450M Bazooka V2
Monitor and TV:
Samsung 27" Curved Gaming Monitor 1080p 144Hz
LG Smart TV 4K HDR 120Hz

Any answers, opinions, experiences are appreciated!

Solution
An AMD RX 5700XT is your best choice it will beat 2070 and 2060 super and its at the same price point. I personally have 2080 and still the RTX seems pointless to me i ended completing only one game with it enabled the metro exodus with multiple crashes and of course 60fps or below at 1440p max settings. Dlss makes the screen so blury that you will want to disable it from the start (you cant notice that from youtube videos). Maybe all these features have a point on the next nvidia generation and when the most games start to support it but right now i dont see any reason. If you still want nvidia so much then as MrN1ce9uy mentioned your best choice would be the 2070 super.
It all depends on which model from which brand you get. All brands have cheap models that aren't that great (high temps, loud noise, etc.) but will still be nearly as fast as other premium models.

Typically, the RTX 2060 isn't a desireable card for RTX. It would give a sub-60fps experience with RTX ON. In my opinion, the 2070 Super is a very good choice.

Reactions: Metal Messiah.
An AMD RX 5700XT is your best choice it will beat 2070 and 2060 super and its at the same price point. I personally have 2080 and still the RTX seems pointless to me i ended completing only one game with it enabled the metro exodus with multiple crashes and of course 60fps or below at 1440p max settings. Dlss makes the screen so blury that you will want to disable it from the start (you cant notice that from youtube videos). Maybe all these features have a point on the next nvidia generation and when the most games start to support it but right now i dont see any reason. If you still want nvidia so much then as MrN1ce9uy mentioned your best choice would be the 2070 super.

Reactions: Metal Messiah.
Solution
Hello everyone on the forum, I have a question for all of the NVIDIA crowds out there. I am looking into getting a new graphics card for my gaming PC I built earlier this year.
I need to know how the experience has been with Ray-Tracing. I'm looking at getting an RTX 2060 or 2060 SUPER or even an RTX 2070. I don't want to spend $1000 on a GPU. Is there a better brand that makes the RTX cards/which brand has better RTX cards? (GIGABYTE, MSI, ROG)

My system:
CPU - Ryzen 7 2700X
RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB 3200 (2x8GB)
GPU - MSI ARMOR OC RX 590
PSU - Corsair Vengeance 650M 650 W 80+ Silver
MBD - MSI Arsenal Gaming B450M Bazooka V2
Monitor and TV:
Samsung 27" Curved Gaming Monitor 1080p 144Hz
LG Smart TV 4K HDR 120Hz

Any answers, opinions, experiences are appreciated!
Not much point in buying a card for RTX now because the only game that looks noticeably better with it is Minecraft and it still tanks your performance.

Honestly would look at the 5700XT.