[SOLVED] what to change

Sep 1, 2019
Hello everyone, sorry for the "baby english" I am Brazilian and I am learning the language, I want to change components of my machine, I do not know what to change first.

configs
power - Akasa es 600w.
motherboard - GA 78LMT - 52
cpu - AMD Athlon II X4 645
memory 6gb ddr3
graphic card- ASUS R5 230 series

I wonder if I should change the graphic card to a
AMD Radeon RX 550 4GB.
or is it better to change the motherboard to Gigabyte B450M Gaming and the cpu to an AMD Ryzen 3 2200G

Thanks

Solution
1st, i'd change the PSU.

While PSU doesn't give you any additional performance, it ensures that your PC components stay safe. Your current Akasa 600W PSU is a crap quality unit and when you upgrade CPU or GPU, PSU can fail completely and fry your entire PC.

For a good quality unit, look towards any Seasonic PSU in 500W range. In 600W range if you plan to upgrade to RX 480/580. If no Seasonic is available, you can also look towards Corsair AX, AXi, HX, HXi, RMx, RMi, TXm and SF series since they are on-par with Seasonic PSUs. Avoid Corsair VS, CX and CXm series PSUs. If no Corsair isn't available either then EVGA Supernova series PSUs are good as well.

2nd upgrade would be GPU since you'd get noticeable performance increase with that...

EndEffeKt_24

Commendable
Mar 27, 2019
I would do a Ram, cpu and motherboard upgrade. Your platform is ancient. If you can stretch to a 2400g or 3400g that would be ideal, but even the 2200g is a significant cpu and gpu upgrade at once.
Just remember that you need new ram too. Get 2x 4 or 2x8 gb of higher clocked ddr4 ram. A single stick will slow the cpu and igpu down significantly.

Reactions: Junior Alves

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
1st, i'd change the PSU.

While PSU doesn't give you any additional performance, it ensures that your PC components stay safe. Your current Akasa 600W PSU is a crap quality unit and when you upgrade CPU or GPU, PSU can fail completely and fry your entire PC.

For a good quality unit, look towards any Seasonic PSU in 500W range. In 600W range if you plan to upgrade to RX 480/580. If no Seasonic is available, you can also look towards Corsair AX, AXi, HX, HXi, RMx, RMi, TXm and SF series since they are on-par with Seasonic PSUs. Avoid Corsair VS, CX and CXm series PSUs. If no Corsair isn't available either then EVGA Supernova series PSUs are good as well.

2nd upgrade would be GPU since you'd get noticeable performance increase with that one. And 3rd upgrade would be new CPU-MoBo-RAM combo. But like i said, 1st i'd get new PSU.

Reactions: Junior Alves
Solution

TRENDING THREADS