[SOLVED] What to do after plugging my hdd

Oct 12, 2020
Ok so dont laugh
Im still new
Ive bought an ssd and an hdd
Put the windows in the ssd and using the hdd as storage
Today i carfully unplugged it to give to toa friend to copy his games into my hdd
After its all done
What do i do after plugging the hdd back in placeand hooking the caples?

Solution
Yes sir
I unplugged the power cable and the mouse
Keyboard and headset cable
And put the case on a big wooding piece to release the statics electricty
And put the hdd in on3 of those thick gray covers
Ok just very quick reassurance, you do not need to go that far for protecting the pc from static electricity, simply unplug the pc, put it on the floor, put the HDD in and plug all necessary cables. I can tell you are new so have you plugged in both the SATA cable and the SATA power cable? Once you have, boot up into windows, and find the drive in MY PC. Do all the hocus pocus with getting all game EXE's and making shortcuts or whatever you need to do.

If the hard drive does not appear, or you have any issues, just reply to me...
Oct 12, 2020
First of all....and I assume you know this...power down whenever you plug or unplug drives.

So if you are powered down....and reconnect the hdd.....and power up.....it should show up.....and whatever your friend copied onto it....should be on there.

Yes sir

Yes sir
Ok just very quick reassurance, you do not need to go that far for protecting the pc from static electricity, simply unplug the pc, put it on the floor, put the HDD in and plug all necessary cables. I can tell you are new so have you plugged in both the SATA cable and the SATA power cable? Once you have, boot up into windows, and find the drive in MY PC. Do all the hocus pocus with getting all game EXE's and making shortcuts or whatever you need to do.

If the hard drive does not appear, or you have any issues, just reply to me and I'll help you out. If you are concerned about static, then do what you did or just simply touch the metal panel in the case to discharge yourself. A block of wood won't do much as static goes through your hands into the pc but it is very rare.

Solution