What to do .... DVD-R or DVD+R ?

G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

I've dug myself into another hole ... trying to determine whether my
Dell Inspiron 8600 CD/DVD burner can handle all possible DVD
combinations: DVD + DVD - double-sided double-layer ???

Dell manuals and google of little help, except to explain how each
differs from the other.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

On 28 Apr 2005 19:06:43 -0700, "David" <davids1165@gmail.com> wrote:

>The manual online clearly states what it can do...
>http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ins8500/en/8600cr/OM/D77111LRs.pdf
>
>DVD+R and DVD+RW.
>
>Dave

THANKS! It does clearly say +R and +RW but neglects to specify
which version(s) -- DVD5, DVD9, DVD10 or DVD18. Being pesimistic, I
suspect ONLY DVD5 (single-sided, single layer).
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

What is the exact type of you're player?


"digger o'dell" <diggerodell@gmail.com> schreef in bericht
news:1114739169.d14cd4ab7ea6dc4607ea2ccaa8381af5@bubbanews...
> I've dug myself into another hole ... trying to determine whether my
> Dell Inspiron 8600 CD/DVD burner can handle all possible DVD
> combinations: DVD + DVD - double-sided double-layer ???
>
> Dell manuals and google of little help, except to explain how each
> differs from the other.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

if you download `belarc advisor` and do a system check with it , you would
find out what CD|DVD burner you have, `cos Dell don`t make their own. You
could then gather the info you want. best wishes..J

"Johoo" <johoo123@xs4all.nl> wrote in message
news:427289e9$0$168$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl...
> What is the exact type of you're player?
>
>
> "digger o'dell" <diggerodell@gmail.com> schreef in bericht
> news:1114739169.d14cd4ab7ea6dc4607ea2ccaa8381af5@bubbanews...
>> I've dug myself into another hole ... trying to determine whether my
>> Dell Inspiron 8600 CD/DVD burner can handle all possible DVD
>> combinations: DVD + DVD - double-sided double-layer ???
>>
>> Dell manuals and google of little help, except to explain how each
>> differs from the other.
>
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

Nero Info Tool says my DVD drive will also write to DVD -R and -RW but
not -R DL.

I'll try it with a disc soon.

Brian



"Brian K" <iibntgyea4 REMOVE_THIS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:Jxxce.33479$5F3.20493@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> Interesting. My Dell Order form says DVD +/- RW. I haven't tried it with
> a - disc yet.
>
> Brian
>
>
> "David" <davids1165@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1114740403.551863.136060@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
>> The manual online clearly states what it can do...
>> http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ins8500/en/8600cr/OM/D77111LRs.pdf
>>
>> DVD+R and DVD+RW.
>>
>> Dave
>>
>
>
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS