What to do if Newegg is giving me a hard time w/ replacing computer parts?

rajmccurry

Honorable
Jun 3, 2013
I have heard of a few cases like this, so I want to be prepared before making a huge order for the first time.

Say hypothetically I ordered a bunch of PC hardware from Newegg.ca. Upon receiving my order, I noticed that a stick of RAM was damaged (I had barely touched it so I knew I hadn't damaged it.) The mobo also didn't work. When I contacted Newegg and sent them the stuff to replace they made up a bunch of lame excuses such as "We don't exchange damaged RAM" (although it was already damaged when it got to me) and "we can't exchange the mobo because it is missing the serial # (I don't even know where this is located). They refuse to replace my stuff.

These are all real excuses Newegg has given people.

Is there something I can do that will make the company replace my stuff as they should??

i've never had the misfortune of having doa products from newegg but most of what i've heard has been positive where newegg will replace the products via rma. i have heard of a few issues here and there but not enough to be worried about. the only time you would have an issue at all is if a mobo arrived with the cpu pins bent since they dont accept returns with bent pins but if it arrived this way then they will replace it and that particular case was closed and fixed within a week.

realize that newegg only will rma within about a month. any longer than that and you have to deal with the manufacturer. perhaps people wanted newegg to rma outside their time window. i see quite alot of complaints come up about newegg which arent comparable to 99% of the other users so typically i dont give them much merit. i've pushed over $7,000 through them and i've had zero complaints.

NeweggSupport

Honorable
Jun 4, 2013
Hello rajmccurry,

Thank you for considering Newegg for your purchasing needs.

Concerning your inquiry, please note that we don't manufacturer or package the items listed on our website and therefore, we are unable to verify in advance if there are any missing accessories or if the item, by chance, may have been physically damaged. For this reason, Newegg offers a return policy. We would recommend inspecting the item as soon as you receive it. If the item shows any sign of physical damage, contact us as soon as possible. If there are damages on the shipping package and damages on the item itself, we have a process that would cover a replacement or refund of the item. Newegg will never deny a return without a valid reason. Please rest assured you have Newegg’s support and you can be confident in purchasing from us.

If you have further questions or concerns, please contact our Customer Service department by following the link below:

http://help.newegg.com/app/home/p/72/

Thank you,

Newegg