Question What to do Next!

tuddl

Reputable
Nov 24, 2017
RETURNED SYSTEM!!!!

Ryzen R9 5900X Bios
Asus Strix E-Gaming x570 Bios updated to 4002 most current.
WD Black SN850 Gen 4 NVMe SSD M.2 1 TB
Samsung 840 2TBD SATA
Corsair Vengeance Pro 3600 Ram 64 GB set to 3600 Mhz
Corsair Hi150i Elite Capellix AIO Cooler.
Corsair AX1200i Power Supply.
Asus Strix Nvidia RTX 2070 8 GB
HTC Vive headset.

I have built many systems in my life. My previous system was an i7 4790 with an Asus Hero VII board, which I built in 2014. I wanted to upgrade it. I read about Ryzen, and its speed advantages over intel, so I decided to give it a try. While I liked the speed, I could not get rid of Volmgr errors and other stability issues that kept cropping up. Also, I was getting unrecognizable USB errors and disconnects even after I flashed the bios to 4002. and I tried everything to fix them. Support from this forum was very helpful. Granted, I learned a few things during this build, but if I can't play a simple game like Eve Online and launch Chrome simultaneously, then there must be a problem somewhere.

I just returned the processor, motherboard, Ram, and M.2 card yesterday. I know it may seem like overkill to return the guts of my system to the vendor, but after 10 days, I grew weary of constantly troubleshooting a brand new system. I could not get the system to remain stable, at least for my needs which are gaming. I am not sure now what I am going to do. I may build an Intel system, Maybe with an i9 10900K or i9 10920X. Both of these are 10 Core processors, which may be overkill for games, but I want a system that will last at least as long as did my previous I7 4790k.

Any advice would be appreciated.

tuddl

Reputable
Nov 24, 2017
I did everything. Clean install of windows, driver updates, firmware updates, everything. Again, I have returned all of this, and I am looking for advice on what to build next.

I did everything. Clean install of windows, driver updates, firmware updates, everything. Again, I have returned all of this, and I am looking for advice on what to build next.
Did you do the clean install of windows on the M.2? If you did, are you sure it was booting from the M.2, and not your Samsung 840?

As for advice on what to build next, the two i9s you mentioned are both great CPUs and should do you good for the next several years at least.

tuddl

Reputable
Nov 24, 2017
Did you do the clean install of windows on the M.2? If you did, are you sure it was booting from the M.2, and not your Samsung 840?

As for advice on what to build next, the two i9s you mentioned are both great CPUs and should do you good for the next several years at least.

I had windows booting from my M.2. after two clean installs I only added the data drive when then M.2 didn't load and run all my games.