[SOLVED] What to do/what to get if I'm missing hard drive rails for a specific PC case?

May 17, 2021
Hey, I want to add more storage to my PC but I found out I'm missing the drive rails/bracket to mount a 3.5 drive in my Antec NX300 case. If I'll get some drive rails from Amazon would they fit my case? Or do I need to find something specific?

Solution
Hey, I want to add more storage to my PC but I found out I'm missing the drive rails/bracket to mount a 3.5 drive in my Antec NX300 case. If I'll get some drive rails from Amazon would they fit my case? Or do I need to find something specific?

You need a specific rail, different 3.5" mount designs are dime a dozen. Call me nuts but I prefer the metal rail that you screw into unless there's a specific need for easy swap.

If you can find some of those plastic rails lying around, you can try. Dimensions wise, it should fit. No guarantee if the rail will slide into the tray mounts though.

iPeekYou

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2014

You need a specific rail, different 3.5" mount designs are dime a dozen. Call me nuts but I prefer the metal rail that you screw into unless there's a specific need for easy swap.

If you can find some of those plastic rails lying around, you can try. Dimensions wise, it should fit. No guarantee if the rail will slide into the tray mounts though.

Solution
May 17, 2021

Got it. Thank you