Question What to do when crashed durning overclocking?

Mar 26, 2019
During overclocking we need to keep decreasing the voltage for lower temperature until the system crashes. After a crash my computer freezes up and there's nothing I can do. I just hold down my power button and shut down my computer. Is this harmful to my PC? What other methods I can try?

No, while it's not advised to turn your pc off that way normally, that shouldn't hurt your pc, and i don't know of any other way. Just make sure nothing important is open and not saved. Data loss from unsaved applications is why turning your pc off that way normally isnt advised

During overclocking we need to keep decreasing the voltage for lower temperature until the system crashes. After a crash my computer freezes up and there's nothing I can do. I just hold down my power button and shut down my computer. Is this harmful to my PC? What other methods I can try?
It's a good idea to run ScanDisk after these crashes. Especially the System drives.

Right click on the drive in This PC/My Computer, then Properties, Check Drive for System Errors. Select Scan Drive even if it says you don't need to. If it finds some errors you'll need to let the system restart to fix them.