What to do when installing a new CPU?

Zuhayr378

Reputable
May 15, 2014
Heyyy guys was wondering what you would do when installing a new CPU onto your system after replacing an old one. Like what would you have to do beforehand? Change BIOS settings, tinker things in Windows, what else. Because I'm looking forward to ditching my horrible un-overclock-able stuttering heck of a Pentium G3258 (created an earlier thread that I lost the silicon lottery) to something like a 5th gen i5k series processor when it comes out. So what would I have to do first? Because just taking out the old CPU and dropping in a new one doesn't seem right. Unless it is...idk. Tell me guyss. I'm not liking my Pentium so farr.

Zuhayr378

Reputable
May 15, 2014

I'm well aware of that. But what I mean is you just drop and lock? Like nothing beforehand? Like if I have overclocking profiles set for the G3258 (old CPU) via the BIOS?

Zuhayr378

Reputable
May 15, 2014

Yeah that's what I was thinking. But one more question. Would I need to re-install Windows once again? (because Windows would lock to hardware signatures...or maybe it's just the motherboard...idk).

TRENDING THREADS