What To Do With 128gb SSD

xander25

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2011
So I'm in the process of building a gaming rig and a buddy of mine gave me a new Crucial 128GB Sata 3 C300.

I'm wanting to do the whole rig in SSD but I'm nervous that 128GB won't be enough for what I need. Here's a quick breakdown of my uses and applicable specs:

Uses:
Primarily high end gaming. I won't use this PC for movies or music.
I'm looking for fast load times in games and windows.

Motherboard:
Asus P8P67 WS Revolution. Has 2 Intel SATA 3 and 2 Marvel Sata 3.

The 128gb seems large to just use for a boot drive but too small to be my only drive. I don't want to use a standard drive at all and instead want to stay with all SSD.

Is it possible to get a 240gb drive and have the system recognize them as a single 368gb drive?

I've never set up a RAID array but might be willing to try it if the performance would be significantly better. It would require the same 128GB drive and would have 256gb of space in RAID 0, yes?
Anyone else have any good ideas on how to use the 128gb drive?

ectocoolest

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2009

For reference, I just installed a 128gb crucial m4 in my gaming computer and have 84GB left after installing win 7 pro 64-bit, all updates including service pack 1, steam (downloaded the witcher enhanced edition), avast, AS SSD, HWMonitor, google chrome, and the latest drivers for all my hardware. I have a 1TB HDD for storage that I use for backup and to hold windows temp files.

If you really only use the computer for gaming, 128gb should be fine and you could probably install 3-4 games at a time and just remove them when you're done.