[SOLVED] What to do with an old GPU?

Mahisse

Distinguished
Hi
My old trusted AMD 7850HD started to overcook and shut down the PC due to the fans stopped working.. Or they worked very poorly in the end, meaning they were fighting for each spin they had to make due to failed bearings, I'd assume.
I already bought a GTX 1660 ti as my replacement but now I need to decide if I should just throw out the old card. I guess you could repair the old card. I found the original fans online for $7.50 so if seems like a pretty easy job to just replace the fans. It seems like a waste throwing out the card when it still works. What do you guys do with old cards? Are they just sitting and collecting dust or do make a home entertaintment server out of it? I don't need to PC's. I don't have the space for it anyways. And no, I don't bother with mining either :)

Solution
Mine typically gather dust as I like to keep one as a back up, Otherwise, if it's in good working condition, I'll try to sell it. If not (or it doesn't sell), I'll recycle it.

-Wolf sends
Nov 10, 2019
Hi
My old trusted AMD 7850HD started to overcook and shut down the PC due to the fans stopped working.. Or they worked very poorly in the end, meaning they were fighting for each spin they had to make due to failed bearings, I'd assume.
I already bought a GTX 1660 ti as my replacement but now I need to decide if I should just throw out the old card. I guess you could repair the old card. I found the original fans online for $7.50 so if seems like a pretty easy job to just replace the fans. It seems like a waste throwing out the card when it still works. What do you guys do with old cards? Are they just sitting and collecting dust or do make a home entertaintment server out of it? I don't need to PC's. I don't have the space for it anyways. And no, I don't bother with mining either :)
If you can fully fix it so that it does not shut of anymore, then you should be able to sell it on a site like EBay to get some money back on it.