What to do with bottleneck?

barnabasgrand

Honorable
Sep 21, 2018
Hey!
I recently found it that my problem is bottleneck.
I don't know if its gpu,or cpu.
My computer is 1,5 year old,will clean it soon.
Hardwares:
i5-7400k
16 GB Ram
GTX 1060 Mini ITX Oc 6 gb
Games:every game i play,fortnite,r6s
thanks!

There is no I5 7400k. Do you mean the regular 7400 or the 7600k?

Either way, it's actually very balanced with that GPU. If there is a bottleneck it would only be in very CPU demanding games, where your CPU will max out, and won't feed the GPU perfectly. But it will not be too noticeable with FPS. But it may feel stuttery. Sticking an I7 7700/k in there will get rid of that immediately. You have plenty of ram, so that's not an issue. If you get a 7700/k you will get another solid year or two with the GTX1060 at 1080p with smooth game play.

Sadly 4c/4t CPU's like yours are starting to get maxed out in games.

As a matter of interest, you say you found out you had a bottleneck, but are you having issues like stuttering? If your not experiencing issues, and you shouldn't really with Fortnight, but maybe R6, or BF1, PUBG or the likes that are more demanding, then don't overly worry about some bottleneck that is minute for your setup.

Every system has a bottleneck, you'll never be the exception. The goal is to have a system capable enough to place the gpu under 100% load, to get the full potential out of your graphics card. When your graphics card is pushed to 100% load that is called a GPU bottleneck. If you're getting adequate frames to match your monitor's refresh rate then you have nothing to worry about. If you're getting inadequate frames and your gpu is at 100% load, it's time for a graphics card upgrade.

WildCard999

Titan
Bottleneck, the term that gets thrown around way too much.

If your running the i5-7400 & a 1060 at about 1080P then it's well balanced.

What makes you think the CPU or GPU is bottlenecked?

I would only be concerned if the CPU usage is above the GPU usage and is nearly maxed out.