What to do with Driver Files

bucknutmd

Reputable
Feb 4, 2016
First Build. ASRock X99 Extreme4 mobo. No optical drive. Windows 10 pro 64bit up and running. My issue is loading drivers. Downloaded newest versions from ASRock website for Windows10 64bit to USB drive.
Do I just click autorun under the LAN driver and that will install the entire software package, or do I need to go into the sub folders that are also in the file(PRO1000, APPS, etc) and find Win10 x64 applications and run those as well? Also, do I need to copy any of these folders anywhere after running them from the USB drive?

Thanks in advance for the help. Trying to become educated.

Lutfij

Titan
Since all the files are compressed into a *.zip folder after expanding the first executable file you'll see in their respective driver folders are required for installation.

For example;
To initiate the installation, right click the installer which is located inside your INF driver folder tagged as SetupChipset.exe and click on the option to Run as Administrator. Follow through with the instructions by clicking on next until you come to the option to close and sometimes restart.

Its best to copy all your drivers to your HDD(not your SSD) and run the installation from there as the USB device may be disabled during some point while system boots up.