What to do with drivers when upgrading gpu ?

maraclol7

Reputable
Jan 10, 2018
HI guys ! I have a question. What should i do with drivers because i had 750ti and now i bought 1070 ? Do i need to uninstall drivers from 750ti and then install drivers from 1070 or will GeForce Expirience do it all for me ?

Solution

Just reinstall geforce drivers with clean install option. No need to do manual uninstall, if you're upgrading from Nvidia to Nvidia card.

aid_2900_13.jpg

Recent AMD drivers allowed me to go from a HD7770 to a HD270X to a RX480 without batting an eye. So, if Nvidia's drivers aren't worse than AMD's, you merely need to check if your current driver actually supports your new GPU; if it does, you should be able to shut down your computer, swap graphic cards, and boot - Windows 10 will boot in VESA mode and after a few minutes load your current driver for your new graphics card; and THEN Geforce experience may prompt you for an upgrade.
However, I have had bad experience with Nvidia drivers this past couple years (a GTX1060 would crash hard until I performed a complete driver purge), and I strongly recommend you use Display Driver Uninstaller (available at guru3D) to clean up all your drivers completely before you try and install the latest driver version.

Just reinstall geforce drivers with clean install option. No need to do manual uninstall, if you're upgrading from Nvidia to Nvidia card.

aid_2900_13.jpg

Solution

As said, this SHOULD work, but in some cases the Nvidia driver may actually crash when the new card is detected.

maraclol7

Reputable
Jan 10, 2018

Can you maybe tell me how to uninstall them and install them cuz i acutally never did that.

maraclol7

Reputable
Jan 10, 2018
Ok. I was on phone and i didnt see that much answers... I will just uninstall them and them install them again.... And i will look up on youtube how to do it. Thank you everyone.

Latest posts