Question What to do with this TR2 PSU?

joser0913

Prominent
Nov 10, 2019
I have had a Thermaltake TR2 600W unit for over 3 years and it has been working fine on an i4460 built without GPU.
I know everyone says is terrible so I'm not sure what to do with it now the I've got a new unit from BeQuiet. According to overclock.net, my unit was manufactured by Thermaltake them selves (it says E303666) so maybe is not totally terrible? I don't really know. What would you guys say I should do with the thing?

Last edited:

LukeSavenije

Prominent
Apr 4, 2019
as far as i'm aware thermaltake doesn't manufacture themselves, and this unit is made by CWT

I personally wouldn't recommend using it, as i personally wouldn't myself, but in the end the choice is yours, since you have a replacement already

joser0913

Prominent
Nov 10, 2019
as far as i'm aware thermaltake doesn't manufacture themselves, and this unit is made by CWT

I personally wouldn't recommend using it, as i personally wouldn't myself, but in the end the choice is yours, since you have a replacement already
I'm sorry. I didn't explain my self correctly because I'm not a native speaker. What I meant is that I got a brand new PSU instead of the TR2 one. I was wondering if it can serve any purpose.

According to this post, Thermaltake does manufacture some units
https://www.overclock.net/forum/31-power-supplies/652549-thermaltake-psus.html#/topics/652549

Last edited: