What to look for in a gpu?

Ariel Soto

Commendable
Jun 18, 2016
Hi, everyone.
I've been doing some research about GPU's. I started to look at benchmarks to see which fits my needs.
However, every single benchmark I've seen is for 1080p, 1440p or 4k.
Honestly, i've been playing at low resolutions, like 800x600 or 1024x768 for a very long time, and I'm fine with it. Sometimes I play at 720p or higher resolutions but... Meh. I don't see anything to get excited.
However, I do really care about "details". I mean, ultra textures, ultra shadows, ultra water quality, and that kind of things.
I'm expecting that, in order to play on low resolutions and "high or ultra quality settings", will lead me to get a cheap GPU that will do the work just fine.
Quoting this, what should I look for in a GPU?
I got tons of questions but I'll keep reading info. But I think, whatever answer you can give me, will help me find my answers.

Thanks for reading this.

Solution
I'm thinking a rx460 for 100$ or 470$ 150$. If it was me I'd get a 480 or a used 970. but I would wait about a week and see if the 480 makes nvidia give some price drops.

Ariel Soto

Commendable
Jun 18, 2016
I want to play games like skyrim (modded with ENB), Witcher 3 (modded with STLM), Assassin's Creed Unity, Batman Arkham Knight. Those games that are really bad optimized. Right now I got an Athlon x4 860k with a 400w PSU. I can easily upgrade the PSU, but I don't feel like getting another motherboard to get a bettter CPU right now. I can overclock the CPU from 3.7 to 4.2 keeping the temperature under 65°C with no problem.
I can manage with the budget, but I don't want buy "power" that I won't be using, am I explaining myself?