What to pair with 15-4570?

MattyG47

Honorable
Feb 26, 2013
I have recently settled on building a new PC starting with the i5-4570; and I am currently trying to find the right GPU to go with it.I am aiming for something that is quite decent but without all the premiums and has a respectable price/performance ratio.Currently looking at the GTX 770 using the "Best Graphics Cards for the Money' article.

Is there a better suggestion? I am a little unfamiliar when it comes to matching these two components together. Still open to suggestion in regards to CPU as well.

gtx770 is ok. depends on what your budget for the graphics card is.... i would say anything over 200$ would be a good match-up for the cpu. you won't run into a cpu bottleneck until you get to sli/crossfire solutions over 8-900usd - and even those in cpu bound games

JamesRausch22

Reputable
Mar 31, 2014
No your not overspending, a gtx 770 is great when paired with a i5, anything less would be shameful for the i5 :l. the gtx 770 performs great in most games and it will go great. The i5 is perfect for gaming seeing as games don't need hyper threading and thus a i7 would be a waste, But if you have the money for a gtx 780 or 780 ti get it.

no. i'm saying you can get whatever your budget is for the gpu and the cpu can use to its full potential.
-with a gpu under 200$ you will get a gpu bottleneck and with one over 8-900$ you will have a cpu bottleneck
-the 770 is in the middle and will work just great with the i5.

i was just describing where on the graphics card range you can select one...