• Hey there, Guest! Share your idea for a new trophy in the forums and win bragging rights and a $100 Amazon gift card! Check out the New Community Trophy Contest here!
  • Pardon our dust as we work on some regularly scheduled forum maintenance. You may notice some missing features during this time. Thank you for your patience!

What to take in college for mobile app developing?

itstaeday

Honorable
Feb 8, 2014
Hey guys, I'm a 20 year old working full time and finally decided to return to school this year. I've decided that all my life I have been drawn towards computers and technology in general. Most likely due to my father being a computer wiz . I'm very interested in programming, more specifically programming for mobile devices (Android, iOS etc). I want a career that has to do with computers and technology but also due to my entreuprenurial nature I also want to take a shot at creating something for myself in the future. What would you guys suggest is the "most optimal" route to make this a reality? I've been looking at CS at my local universities and also a IT course at a local college.

Thanks Guys. Any advice is welcome!