[SOLVED] What to upgrade next?

Solution
You have a pretty well-rounded performer there. Is there something in particular that you're not able to do that you want to do?

If not, unless you have a very high resolution/refresh monitor, you don't really need to do much with your CPU/MB/GPU at this time. I'd be inclined to get a better power supply in there for the long-term and while you don't really need 32 GB of RAM, you might as well if you can find the same stick so that you can take advantage of dual channel. On the RAM, I'd advise buying from somewhere with a liberal return policy; identical model RAM will usually work, but not always as only RAM sold together is actually tested together and guaranteed to work. You could get an NVMe, but since you already have a...

DSzymborski

Titan
You have a pretty well-rounded performer there. Is there something in particular that you're not able to do that you want to do?

If not, unless you have a very high resolution/refresh monitor, you don't really need to do much with your CPU/MB/GPU at this time. I'd be inclined to get a better power supply in there for the long-term and while you don't really need 32 GB of RAM, you might as well if you can find the same stick so that you can take advantage of dual channel. On the RAM, I'd advise buying from somewhere with a liberal return policy; identical model RAM will usually work, but not always as only RAM sold together is actually tested together and guaranteed to work. You could get an NVMe, but since you already have a traditional SSD, you might not see much real-world effect.

Outside of those things, it might be a good time for quality of life upgrades. Maybe a higher-quality mouse or nice mechanical keyboard if you don't have these things. Maybe a better headset or a quality DAC for your sound. Or a nicer monitor.

Solution
Jan 14, 2020

If not, unless you have a very high resolution/refresh monitor, you don't really need to do much with your CPU/MB/GPU at this time. I'd be inclined to get a better power supply in there for the long-term and while you don't really need 32 GB of RAM, you might as well if you can find the same stick so that you can take advantage of dual channel. On the RAM, I'd advise buying from somewhere with a liberal return policy; identical model RAM will usually work, but not always as only RAM sold together is actually tested together and guaranteed to work. You could get an NVMe, but since you already have a traditional SSD, you might not see much real-world effect.

Outside of those things, it might be a good time for quality of life upgrades. Maybe a higher-quality mouse or nice mechanical keyboard if you don't have these things. Maybe a better headset or a quality DAC for your sound. Or a nicer monitor.
Thanks for reply
Currently have a 240hz monitor in some cpu intensive games i start to notice lower fps. But am i right in saying if i wanted to upgrade to amd 3600 id need a new MB

DSzymborski

Titan
Thanks for reply
Currently have a 240hz monitor in some cpu intensive games i start to notice lower fps. But am i right in saying if i wanted to upgrade to amd 3600 id need a new MB

You can in fact use a 3600 on your current motherboard. You'd just need to update your BIOS to the F40 version that allows the newest generation of Ryzens. I'd probably stay away from the higher end of the new Ryzens as your motherboard is a good middle-class one but missing the robust power delivery system of the higher-end boards. But a 3600 would work actually fine.

Jan 14, 2020
You can in fact use a 3600 on your current motherboard. You'd just need to update your BIOS to the F40 version that allows the newest generation of Ryzens. I'd probably stay away from the higher end of the new Ryzens as your motherboard is a good middle-class one but missing the robust power delivery system of the higher-end boards. But a 3600 would work actually fine.
What would be a good MB AND 3600 combo then? That provides good longevity